Tuesday, April 2, 2013

GUILTY PLEASURES

So today I'm a very "I Don't care" kind of mood, which is a perfect time to write a post about my guilty pleasures. Cause everybody has them, right? NO, WRONG! Men don't! They just don't have "guilty pleasures". It's something I'm really envious about. I mean, take "wasting" an entire day playing videogames for example. Men will shamelessly sit on a mountain of pizza crusts playing video games for days and, if they go out, go everywhere in sweat pants. According to a friend of mine these are things that make him happy and according to him feeling bad about feeling good is stupid. The whole idea of "guilty pleasures" is really a woman-thing. And since I am a woman, I'm going to share mine with you!

First off al music. When people ask me about my taste in music I present them with a whole list of singer-songwriters and some bands, but I 'accidently' leave out some things. What I don't tell them is that I'm OBSESSED with 90's music (BRITNEYYYYYYY), Celine Dion, OLD (Disney) music and almost every boyband the world has ever known. I mean, cleaning the house or doing the dishes is almost fun when you've got N'SYNC, The Backstreet Boys or even One Direction playing on full volume. AND YES, I know: One Direction is just a Backstreet Boys knockoff, which is basically just a New Kids On the Block knockoff, which was basically just a New Edition knockoff, which was basically just a Jackson 5 knockoff... Well I've made my point, but guess what? I don't care. 'Cause I want it thaaaaaaat way'.


I've made it my specialty to change the subject as fast as I can when people ask me what I read. I like to read Harry Potter books, I've read them all 5 times A year. It's just something I started doing since I was 12 and now I still do. And they made me laugh out loud because they are just SO REDICULOUS but I read all the books in the Fifty Shades trilogy. Also, I'm deeply embarrassed over my celebrity trash magazine/video addiction. This love of snickering over pictures of Hollywood stretch marks is plain stupid and I feel terribly sorry for those celebrities. In 'Tabloid Junky' Michael sings the line "And you don't have to read it, And you don't have to eat it, To buy it is to feed it", and I KNOW that, but still I read this crap.


Needless to say these are not all my guilty pleasures, maybe I'll tell you about my Jersey Shore / Geordie Shore addiction another time (OMG these people make me feel SO SMART!). But for now I think I've embarrassed myself enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment