Friday, March 29, 2013

PROCRASTINATION

So I came up with this idea to start blogging. But then I kept putting it off, and it just never got done.....

UNTIL TODAY! Because I found something even better to put off: Studying for the most difficult exam we're going to have this year! When we look up procrastination in the dictionary it states: "In psychology, procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of lower priority". However I'd like to add to that definition that at the time you chose to do something instead of the thing you actually should do (in my case writing a Blog instead of studying), the thing that you decided to do first SEEMS like the task with the highest pryority in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

So here I am, attempting to write a blog while this feeling of guilt creeps upon me. So then I start to defend my procrastinating-self: "writing a blog will be great for my writing skills in general, that I will need for the rest of my life". And ofcourse: "I will learn a lot from writing in english" (since english is not my first language) and "writing a blog is just so cool! It will be like my own online diary!"

I don't really know where I am going with this quite yet. I think I'll just post something every once in a while when I have work or study to put off. ;p No I'm just kidding. I'm actually planning on doing this for some time and see how it goes. I've heard from a lot of people that they found blogging to be a lot of fun. So whenever I have something on my mind that I just have to get out: you'll read about it right HERE!

Now I should stop typing and start studying. But first i should DEFINATELY:
- clean my room
- read all seven Harry Potter books (again)
- text all my friends for no particular reason
- write a short story
- watch TellSell (the AhhBra is A-MA-ZING! besides the fact that it looks like a tent)
- do my nails
- Try to learn the pussycat dolls dance routine to buttons
- bake a cake
- grow a beard
- go online shopping
- watch all kinds of wierd stuff on youtube
- eat chocolate
- throw up from eating to much chocolate


And then I should start studying, that is, if I'm not too tired.


1 comment: